Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

CNS STORY: Religious communities notice more young women open to religious life

CNS STORY: Religious communities notice more young women open to religious life: "Sister Mary Gabriel, vocations director for the Sisters of Life, said the girls she talks with want more than what the society and culture have to offer and are drawn to the freedom they find in religious life through living the vocation to which they are called. 'It's not a kickback to the '50s. It's so different. Young women have seen it all,' she said. In answer to questions sent to them by CNS, young women shared the reasons they're open to and discerning religious life. 'I think it's my responsibility as a faithful young person to seriously discern whether or not God is calling me into direct service of the church through religious life,' said Lindsay Wilcox, a student at Boston College. 'I am considering religious life because God has placed that inclination on my heart -- to totally give my life back to him, who laid down his life for me,' said Stephanie Ray, who is preparing to enter the Sisters of Life."

No comments: