Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

 



There are different feast days in the Catholic church to help us focus on Christ and our Christian Journey.

Today in the Catholic Church we celebrate the Exaltation of the Cross. We remember the rugged cross that Christ carried and died on and we contemplate on how we can add our own sufferings to His.

My children and I went out to Holy Cross Cemetery, which is where my father and infant son are buried. It's a beautiful park-like place. It is named for a giant Cross on top of the hill at the cemetery. Proceeding down from that hill are what we Catholics call the Stations of the Cross. This is a special way for Catholics to meditate on the sufferings of Christ during his passion and crucifixion. I thought this would be a good way to help the kids recognize this day in our liturgical year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tanya said...

As a fairly new Catholic, I am not aware of many of the feasts of the Church. I didn't know about this one, thanks for educating me!