Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Catholics are Duped

The first reading from Mass today was this:

You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped;
you were too strong for me, and you triumphed.
All the day I am an object of laughter;
everyone mocks me.

Whenever I speak, I must cry out,
violence and outrage is my message;
the word of the LORD has brought me
derision and reproach all the day.

I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it.
--Jer. 20:7-9

Sound familiar to anyone? Let's review one of Candy's previous efforts (April 2007) to save Catholics:

Truth Teller was walking down the street, and somehow gets into a conversation with a seemingly nice person. The topic of eternal salvation comes up. This seemingly nice person claims to be a fellow believer, yet he starts describing rituals and traditions that are not in the Bible, but are the opposite of what the Bible says in many places.

Truth Teller tries to alert this duped person to the fact that mere man is duping him, and shows him from the Bible what the truth is. Mr. Duped takes offence.
"How dare you be so hateful of me? You hater! You are putting down my religion, you horrible person you!"
Who's the real hater here? Truth Teller, who is trying to help Mr. Duped? No. Truth Teller is warning Mr. Duped, out of LOVE. But apparently Mr. Duped hates it. :-(

If you're a Roman Catholic, you may very well be duped. I'm going to warn you about it, and you can call me all the names you wish, but I'm going to shout out the truth anyhow.



Yes, we may be duped, but we are duped by the Lord. Although the Word of the Lord may bring us derision and reproach from Candy, though she may mock us by calling us duped, it is a fire burning in our hearts, and we will hold fast.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: