Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Catholic Clips (weekly)

  • tags: Catholic, Saints, feast, St.Bernadette

    • Eventually six brothers and two sisters arrived as gifts from God. Only three
      lived beyond the age of ten. Justin died when he was nine, four others died as
      infants. Such comings and goings from Heaven to earth, and earth to Heaven
      welded our family together in fortitude and love. I never heard my parents
      quarrel. They were always at peace.
    • A golden cloud came out of the cave and flooded the niche with radiance. Then
      a lady, young and beautiful, exceedingly beautiful, the like of whom I had never
      seen, stood on the edge of the niche. She smiled and smiled at me, beckoning me
      to come closer as though she were my mother, and she gave me to understand in my
      soul that I was not mistaken.


      The Lady was dressed in white, with a white veil on her head, and a blue sash
      at her waist. A Rosary of white beads on a golden chain was on her right arm. On
      that cold winter's day, her feet were bare, but on each foot was a golden rose
      radiant with the warmth of summer.


      I went upon my knees and took my Rosary from my pocket The Lady took the
      Rosary from her arm and I began to cross myself. My arm could not move until the
      Lady herself made a beautiful Sign of the Cross.


Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hi Elena, Kelly, and all,
I'd like to share a video slide show I made to the song 'He Chose the Nails' sung by Wes King. Hope you enjoy it.
http://pilgrimsdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/02/he-chose-nails-sung-by-wes-king-video_15.html