Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The State of the Blog

This blog was originally started as a place for me to test my templates for my main blog! A blogging friend of mine named Alexa was helping me work on my template - so now you know why the URL for this blog is so strange... MDC (My Domestic Church)-Alexatestblog .blogspot. com.

Meeting Candy was a complete fluke as well. She was nominated for a homeschool blog award and her link was on their site as one of the nominees. In trying to make my choice of who to vote for, I clicked on her link. The rest is history!

It was never our intention to bash Candy's lifestyle or her family and I think we did a good job of keeping away from those topics. We have naysayers who continue to say that we did, but they haven't produced any clear examples of when we did. Disagreeing with someone is not the same as bashing them.

There is a lot of very good information on this blog that Kelly and I worked very hard on so I intend to leave the blog up. Feel free to refer to our posts at anytime.

At this point with Candy gone, we probably won't be as active. I am homeschooling five kids from Kindergarten through 12th grade, plus giving occasional support (food and laundry!) to my oldest. Kelly is homeschooling her kidlets and continuing her education as well. Life is full and busy.

Which is not to say that we won't ever post here. Definitely if something in the news or our lives pops up that we want to share, it will happen here. Kelly's post below was a good example.

I do get an e-mail for every reply that is left in the com boxes. I will enforce the commenting guidelines a lot more strictly than I have in the last two weeks - on topic, no adhominems being the biggest to be enforced. Feel free to leave comments, send me an e-mail or visit my main blog.

Peace Out!


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: