Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

Rebuttal to post of the day

Today's Rant


I'm not a "crunchy Christian," nor am I any form of hippie. I am very conservative, and I love modern conviences.

To all the people who are freakin' and tweakin' because I have "formula, baby food, and wet wipes" on my grocery list, relax... Sheesh. :-)

I did breastfeed all of my children. However, I'm personally disgusted when I see a child who is walking and talking still getting milkies. I'm not saying that is wrong, but it just personally gives me the willies. I do not nurse my children that long, sorry. :- My baby is nearing 1 year of age, and could probably take cow's milk, but I'm using formula first, and I see nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

I am NOT anti-formula. Formula is a GREAT invention, and I praise God that it exists. Disposable diapers are great, and I love them as well. I would cloth diaper if need be, but hubby wants me to stick with disposables, and I have no arguments with that whatsoever.

Also, I like the baby wipes I get - they are all natural and cloth like, and have worked great on all my children.

I love the jar baby food. I read the ingredients first, and the foods I buy for baby are just veggies or fruit mahsed and mixed with water, and sometimes some grated meat as well. I also feed her some table food from my plate, like eggs, carrots, and potatoes.

If you are shocked about my grocery list, then you probably think I'm someone that I'm not. This is how people, like my "troll", who spams my site with dozens of comments per day, calling me a "hypocrite," and "fake" came about. I am not a Cruncy Christian, but I do like to make most of my family's food by scratch. However, I currently don't grow any of our food. I've never planted a thing in my life (however I am currently researching gardening, but only because of the money-saving feature. Otherwise, I'm currently not really that interested.) I also don't sew my own clothes. I repair them, and now have a sewing machine, so that I can learn in the future...

Yes, I homebirth, don't vaccinate, etc. However, if you have me in a certain mold, then you may be shocked to find out that I don't particularly like Attachment Parenting. I don't wear my babies, nor do I teach them to need to be held all the time (on the other end of the spectrum, I never let my babies just cry and cry either). I own a baby sling (was a gift) and never use it.

I feed my babies on a schedule, starting from around 2 weeks old. Because of this, all my babies started sleeping through the night at around 6 weeks old (some tried to earler, but I wouldn't let them do it too young).

Also, many of you know that I attend an Independent, Fundamentalist Baptist church, but I am NOT a Baptist. I am no part of any denomination, I simply read and believe the Bible. Because of a few of my biblical beliefs, I am actually not able to become a member of the church I attend, so I am a "perpetual guest."

To conclude, just be warned: When a person tries to put me into a mold, they will eventually be dissapointed. For example, Elena now puts up regular Candy-Bashing posts on her site, and has been spamming my site daily with dozens of comments. She is offended that I did not behave the way she thought I should have, when we engaged in a short debate on Roman Catholicism vs. Christianity. She could have chosen to let it go, or engage me on friendly lines, but instead she picks every single thing apart I say and attacks me for it. Elena recently let me know that she is going to start saving a copy of all the comments she sends me from now on, so I suspect this will help her see the sheer amounts of comments she has been sending me, and they should hopefully dwindle down to just a few.

Another example - Brandy (not the one I link to in the sidebar). She used to call me one of her best friends. We were e-friends for years. Then, one day I emailed her, telling her that I was concerned that she wasn't in her Bible, and that for a while her blog seemed like she was in dispair. The email I sent her was meant to give her a helping hand, but she didn't like my "tone." When I appologized, she didn't like my "tone" there either. Hence, she has built up a big story that I am some scammer who isn't really who she says she is, and is just trying to sell books online. :-? I didn't fit Brandy's mold, so she instead created me as some type of monster in her head, instead of pondering that maybe I'm an okay person, just different than she thought I was. I've tried to appologize to her in multiple emails, and even on this blog. EVERY attempt I made was met with picking apart what I said, and turning it all around to make it look like I'm a nasty person. :-( Some things you just have to give up on, but I still miss her, and am hurt that she thinks I'm so horrible, and just won't even allow me to attempt to clear her misunderstandings of me.

What is my point? It is simply this: I THINK FOR MYSELF. Hence, there is no group currently on this earth that I will fit into. For example, I like the Baptist beliefs on many things, because I can find those beliefs in the Bible. However, they are pre-trib - but I believe the Bible teaches mid. Also, my church believes that if you weren't baptized in a Baptist church, then you need to get rebaptized. I believe that just as long as you received a full-immersion baptism sometime after you became a saved, born again Christian, then it doesn't matter where your baptism took place (mine was in a non-denom church almost a dozen years ago.)

Well, I'm off now, to:

Run my dishwasher
Clean my microwave
Run my washing machine and DRIER
Put a disposable diaper on my baby and feed her a jar of fruit
Run my bread machine
Drive my car
Watch some Barney on PBS
Go run some errands and be a light for Christ

PS - If you are anti-formula, then I hope you are anti-cereal for yourself and your whole family as well. Things such as frosted flakes and cheerios are some of the most dangerous stuff you can put into your mouths. Or what about ice cream? It contains paint solvents. What about corn? It is so genetically mutated that it's a gamble to even consume one bite. Even the food you grow in your garden isn't that great. Have you researched the condition of the depleted soil.

For that matter, we are all sitting ducks. You could walk out your door, and something could just fall off of an airplane, and strike you on the head. Nothing is safe. Keep your eyes on Jesus and relax a bit. ;-)


posted by prayzgod 8:11 AM

****************************
Hey Candy, for the record I don't care of you breastfeed until their 5 (world average by the way) or put them on the bottle as soon as they are out of the womb. I'm just pointing out that you make such a big deal about nutrition and natural foods, and then you give formula to a baby who hasn't even reached her first birthday yet. That is a striking change from your normal paradigm and I thought it was worthwhile making a note of it because of its inconsistency.

Secondly:
"For example, Elena now puts up regular Candy-Bashing posts on her site, and has been spamming my site daily with dozens of comments."

Nonsense. I have been following along the Sam Gipp book as have you, and adding my comments. It has hardly been Candy Bashing and most of it has been directly related to the book itself. It's not all about you dear.

"She is offended that I did not behave the way she thought I should have, when we engaged in a short debate on Roman Catholicism vs. Christianity."

(I lost this part so I am paraphrasing)
You don't "engage." You delete comments, post only the parts you want others to see and then rant about it. As far as I can tell you never "engage" anyone in an adult, civil manner on any controvertial issue.

"She could have chosen to let it go, or engage me on friendly lines, but instead she picks every single thing apart I say and attacks me for it."


I did engage with friendly lines - you rejected them. I hardly pick over every single thing Candy. Let's not overstate the case.

"Elena recently let me know that she is going to start saving a copy of all the comments she sends me from now on, so I suspect this will help her see the sheer amounts of comments she has been sending me, and they should hopefully dwindle down to just a few."

Or not. We'll see. I can be substantive and concise. It depends on the topic. I'm taking this to mean that you have no intention of publishing any of my comments, but fine - they'll be accessible through my site.

No comments: