Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Well I wish she'd give credit where credit is due!!

"I was pretty much done blogging about Roman Catholicism, until I got threatened by someone who runs a gossip about Candy site. This person is a Catholic, and threatened me. She told me that if I ever posted about Catholicism again, then she'd keep her gossip page about me going for a whole year.


That was me. And it's no secret.

But just to recap, I actually took this blog DOWN around labor day. Candy had pretty much backed off and it seemed like she was turning a new leaf, so I didn't see the point of keeping it up. I blogged about that here.

But then in one of her infamous Q&A posts she said she had a big Catholic post that she was getting ready to put up on the blog. I warned her not to. She did it anyway. The rest is history.

Here is our comeback post.

And here is where I blogged about it on my other blog.

So her story about being "done" is a lie.

I not only brought the blog back, but it's bigger and better than ever! There are three or bloggers who have added A LOT to the blog. I also quit just posting my replies but instead have taken the blog into some real depth regarding Catholic apologetics. Since I started the blog we've had over 26,000 page hits and MOST OF THEM HAVE COME SINCE I PUT THE BLOG BACK UP.

I've always said that this blog is Candy's creation. She created it, and she kept it going. She only has herself to blame for its existence.

For the future, I expect us to continue to grow and I would like to get some more apologists and even a priest interested. Maybe we'll have an advisory board.

Way to go Candy!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank You Elena!! I support you and will Pray for the success of this blog, if we reach even one person with the truth, that is one person who was changed. I for one am so sick of the catholic bashing.. do I bash other faiths on my blog? Nope, I talk about my faith and what my faith is about, but I just won't go into bashing someones faith.. Candy brought this on herself, she thinks she is "saving us" um, from what? The one true church started by Jesus!! In my opinion it is Candy who needs saving!! Keep up the excellent work, this blog has me wanting to learn so much more about my faith and that is very positive!!

Tracy said...

Just have to post this comment from someone at Candy's blog (Good job Candy, the devil only messes with people who tick him off.

You must be making some headway for God or he wouldn't give you the time.

So, all this harassment, threats and spamming is actually a compliment )

Oh, goody, now they are encouraging her!! It just makes me laugh at their ignorance!

aine said...

Can someone explain to me how this blog's name, "Visits to Candyland" is carnal? I'm scratching my head on that one.

Sal said...

This blog is the "threat" she mentions?
That seems a little hyperbolic, frankly.
Loved the Ten Commandment post- full of useful stuff. I'm not too familiar with her: would she let an answer using Scripture to clearly explain that the whole question is a non-issue remain?
Or is there really, as some ladies here suggest, no debate allowed? Dissenters get banned?
Interesting...

Sal said...

Aine-
Want to bet that you and she are using different definitions of 'carnal'?

I'm all about the definition of terms. It can be soooo time-consuming, but sometimes it makes the problem vanish.

Tracy said...

Sal, you can try, she may not post what you write but even if she herself reads it, maybe, just maybe her heart will open a little to the truth, it may not hurt to try if you want.

Tanya said...

Sal wrote: "This blog is the "threat" she mentions?
That seems a little hyperbolic, frankly.
Loved the Ten Commandment post- full of useful stuff. I'm not too familiar with her: would she let an answer using Scripture to clearly explain that the whole question is a non-issue remain?
Or is there really, as some ladies here suggest, no debate allowed? Dissenters get banned?
Interesting..."

Sal, you got it. No dissenters, no debate. We've all tried. We've presented the truth to her, we've debated her points, we've shown her that she is misrepresenting the Catholic church, we've explained true Catholic doctrine. We've even told her we don't mind her disagreeing with Catholic doctrine, but to please be honest and at least learn what the Church REALLY teaches. However, she will not post our comments, and continues to lie about Catholicism. She also lies and misrepresents the comments we leave, without actually posting them, therefore it is all one-sided over there.

Kelly said...

Elena, I nominate Dwight Longenecker at the Standing on My Head blog for here. I don't know if he'd do it, but with his Bob Jones background, he's probably very familiar with her claims.