Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

and just like that, it's over...

Candy sends this via e-mail.


I really enjoyed having the member's area with you all, but I had to close it. It was taking up too much of my time, was a lot of work, and a lot of responsibility. It was wonderful to reconnect with you all.

I found myself chatting in the Member's Area today, while my kitchen was a mess. I was on the computer, instead of doing my homemaking duties, and I can't allow that to become a habit for me.

My responsibilities come first.

I must say, though, it was amazing running a forum and such - I never thought I would get to do that. Meanwhile, I want to let you all know that the comments on my blog are open again, at least for the time being, so you can still chat a bit there.

Also, if any of you would like to run a member's area that is a community like the one I had, here's how to do it (it's very simple to set up):

1) Go to http://www.webs.com and sign up for a free website.

2) Inside the Manage Pages section, just click on the applications button/link, and choose which apps you would like your page to have - members, forum, blog, video, photo, and even more. There are a LOT of apps you can use - I only used a few.

It's very user friendly. If any of you decide to run a community like the one I had, let me know, and I'll help get the word out.

Well, it was fun, but I need to get off of the computer, LOL.

God bless you,

-Candy


What I suspect is that a good percentage of her 300 some members were... uh... not there for the fellowship and housekeeping tips.

It wasn't that hard to get on.
Sign up for free e-mail at gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc.
set up your anonymous identity.
Lay low- because one sniff of dissension in the ranks and you were out of there.

But she has now opened up comments on her blog. We'll see.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: